Sunday 10 July 2011

Year of projects - 2 blankets and a stole

This is my first update post, and I haven't cast on anything new yet.

I'm in the middle of a quiltalong, with a deadline to meet later in the month as it's a retirement present for my mum. So it's been all about the sewing and ironing here!

I do have some knitting on the go too though, all WIPs before the 1st July.

I started a simple lace stole when we on holiday at the end of June. I'm still not sure about the yarn - I frogged a partly completed Trillian shawl as the yarn just didn't look right to me - maybe this will end up gifted...




I have a granny stripe blanket on the go. It's on hold for the summer as it's big enough to cover my legs now. I've done 34 stripes and I made the beginning chain reallllly long. It's going to be massive, and a stripe takes an hour.


I'm also working on another blanket, the fabulous Lizard Ridge. This is definately a long term project, to be slotted in between other work. I've completed 2 squares, and I love them both! I just love how the colours change in Noro Kuyreon, and how well the knitting pattern works with it.



Here are the balls for the next two squares - I'm ridiculously excited about how they'll turn out.




Hobbycraft opened a new store within walking distance yesterday, and it's an enormous one. On two floors. With lots of fabric, and lots of yarn, and more things I really don't need but really want.

I went in twice, but was extremely restrained and came out with one ball of yarn. It was Rowan Lima, in a really lovely mossy shade of green (the photo is rubbish, the colour is much richer). I'm going to use it to cast on a Sev[en] Circle for my friend's 40th. That's in two weeks, so I'd better get on with it.....


14 comments:

  1. Love the granny stripe. Looks like you've been busy.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love that Noro! It's my favourite yarn. Your Lizard Ridge looks fantastic, I've seen some gorgeous completed projects, so I'm sure yours will look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your local hobbycraft - I wish they would open one near me. Noro is great to work with - waiting for the next colour to appear is addictive x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of your colours especially on the striped blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors in your lizard. 2 hours a strip....wow, your crocheted striped ghans sounds huge. I like the colors in the shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blankets are gorgeous and such big projects! I get excited about Noro also-such a unique yarn. We must be deprived here in Seattle as we don't have any Hobbycraft stores. I think we need some though!
    *smiles and happy knitting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those balls of Noro are gorgeous! Isn't it fun to just knit along and see what happens?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous and more gorgeous! I've had the sev[en] circle in my queue for ages - I'm really wishing I'd added that to my YoP list now! Loving everything you're working on and looking forward to your next update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Granny Stripes looks good enough to eat! Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what beautiful colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your projects are all lovely colours, the lizard ridge is great

    ReplyDelete
  12. the lizard ridge is intruiging. I, too, love your colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good grief! An hour a row is crazy talk, woman! ;) Love the progress! Keep chugging.

    ReplyDelete