Saturday 26 November 2011

A day off, and an evening walk

I had a wonderful day off today. I met up with a friend in London and went to the National Gallery. It's been an age since I've been there and it was wonderful to see some of my favourite paintings again. In particular I love The Execution of Lady Jane Grey, Tiger in a Tropical Storm, Van Gogh's Wheatfield (and Sunflowers of course), the Bathers, and King Charles on his horse.

After tea and cake we went to the Portrait Gallery. The Photographic Portrait Prize 2011 was on. I love this exhibition, and seem to have accidently been every year. There was also a photographic exhibition of British comedians. It was wonderful.

After a late lunch and a couple of beers I got the train home and arrived just after the kids had tea. I suggested we go for a walk in to town to look at the christmas lights and take the kids to the cafe for a brownie.


Freddie and Betsy poured the milk into Rob's coffee.


Meg chomped on a bit of Betsy's brownie.


I thoroughly enjoyed a mocha mmmmmmmm!


Then we went to the two town squares and ooohed and ahhed over the lights.


The clock tower looks beautiful bedecked in fairy lights.


And the theatre is lovely at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment