Saturday 30 March 2013

A mini holiday

Farewell horrible carpet!  The kids and I went to Bristol for a few days leaving Rob to sand the floorboards in the living room.
What a relief to get rid of it.
We had a great time in Bristol.  This will be brief, I didn't have internet access all week and I'm doing this quickly in between making dinner and doing the laundry!

We went to M Shed, a social history museum/gallery in the habourside.  
Later we visited our friends Kate and Tom on their dutch barge on the Avon.  In the old days I lived next door to them on a narrowboat in Brentford, and we played Uno and drank unfeasible amounts of wine.  Now we drink tea and eat cake!  Kate did some face painting, Betsy chose a devil face, Freddie wanted to be a vampire.
The next day I offered the kids three places to go - the zoo (I'd suggested it before I'd known quite how cold the week turned out to be), the aquarium or At Bristol (an amazing looking science museum and my preferred option).  Predictably, they chose the zoo.  Even though the weather was entirely arctic.

It is a great zoo. You can feed the rainbow lorikeets. They have some animatronic dinosaurs dotted around at the moment.  We totally froze though.  It was snowing.  The cafe was full so we ate outside.  This *wasn't* funny!  We lasted 3 hours before I decided enough was enough.  

On Thursday we went to the town museum, meeting up with Kate, Mo and baby Sid.
In the afternoon we went to a very very cool playground, but only for an hour because it was still stupidly cold.
We came home yesterday to a lovely lovely wooden floor.  Yay!
Today Freddie and Rob have been to see The Croods with Jarvis and Tor, Betsy has played with Erin, and Meg has been to the dump and the shops with Rob.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to go on an Easter egg hunt at Ashridge (complete with coats, hats and scarves.  In April.  Have I moaned about the weather much?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment