Sunday 31 May 2015

In praise of social media.

I love social media.  I find out about loads of interesting things through Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. 

Today is a good example.  One of the regulars on the home ed bloggers Facebook page linked to a great looking book called 23 Things to do Before you are 11 1/2.  

Someone replied with a link to the NT 50 things to do before you're 11 3/4 website.  I've seen the booklet before, but hadn't realised you could log your list online.  It's fab!  Betsy spent a very happy hour or so ticking off the things she's done.  She loves the character on the front page, and really liked unlocking different clothes and accessories for him.  Here he is in his current outfit:


She likes the certificates too (though for some reason my chromebook stopped talking to the printer, so I could only print the first one).


We've made a list of the activities she'd like to do over the next week or so.  And that ties in beautifully with my other recent social media discovery - the 30 days wild challenge from the Wildlife Trusts.  I found that by reading through the #homeed posts on Twitter.  I signed us up, and will be one of the 30 Days Wild bloggers.  The booklet and wall chart arrived this week, and the chart is up ready for tomorrow.


It will be a big challenge to blog daily, but I'm going to give it a go!


1 comment:

  1. I feel just the same, we get lots of ideas from social media! J did some of the NT 50 things last year but lost his booklet, so the website sounds a great idea. I'll be looking it up later on. We missed the 30 Days Wild postal packs but are looking forward to joining in nevertheless. Looking forward to reading about your wild adventures. xx

    ReplyDelete