Sunday 27 May 2012

Recent makings

I've had a few different projects on the go.  I've started to knit hexipuffs, for the beekeepers quilt by Tiny Owl Knits.  It's going to take at least a year, if I do 1 a day.  I wanted a little drawstring project bag for hexipuffing on the go, so I made this:
I've made 20 little hexipuffs so far.  Betsy asks me daily if I've nearly finished!
I bought some gorgeous scandi-style fabric when I was looking for something to make bunting with.  I didn't want anything too Jubilee-ish, and fell in love with this:
I finished the bunting today.  It's going to decorate the front of the house for the street party next weekend.
I've caught up with the Craftsy block of the month for April, but haven't done May yet.  I'm planning on an evening or two of sewing this week,and the BOM is top of my to-do list.
April's were great, my first attempt at English paper piecing.  I wasn't looking forward to it, but I really enjoyed the hand sewing.
My friend went to Sri Lanka earlier in the year and brought me back a big pile of fabric.  I've finally got around to using it.  I made a tiered skirt for Betsy and a gypsy top for Meg, both from Making Children's Clothes by Emma Hardy.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy!

    Love your bunting and that fabric is so gorgeous.

    Absolutely perfect xxxx

    ReplyDelete