Friday 21 September 2012

A holiday, sort of.

We really wanted a holiday this month.  I love going away in September, and it's something we've done for the last few years.  I looked into going to the Isle of Wight, but I'd not left enough time to turn our clubcard vouchers into ferry tickets.  Instead we plumped for cheap and cheerful at Clacton-on -Sea in Essex.
It was cheap, but not that cheerful!  The caravan was grubby.  We needed to wash the glasses, cups and plates before using them.  There was rubbish outside the caravan.  The whole site felt neglected.
Added to this, Meg had a cough that I hoped/assumed would just go.  It didn't.  Her body had to work to breathe, her little tummy was going up and down. She kept being sick, because of phlegm I think.  Plus she had diarrhea.  I decided to take her to the walk in clinic in Colchester.  Meg and I waited for more than 2 hours and she was so patient.  I worried that I was wasting everyone's time, that she had a normal cough, but her oxygen levels were a bit low so she was nebulised, and given steroids, antibiotics and an inhaler.  Even then it took another 36 hours for her to perk up.
We left a day early, partly because I wanted Meg home.  But it wasn't all bad....
When we got home, it was cold enough for the first fire of the season.  Lovely!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Meg, hope she is starting to feel better. Glad you got away even if it didn't turn out as well as you'd hoped.

    ReplyDelete