Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Busy days

The daily blog effort slipped a little!  We were out all day Monday, and I worked Monday night, and then were out again all day Tuesday.  All I wanted to do yesterday evening was watch Game of Thrones and eat pizza!

So, catch up time.  Monday was the monthly meet at the Thames Valley Adventure Playground. As it was warm this time, I took swimming gear so they could go in the splash area.

Meg and Betsy did a series of puppets shows for me.

Fred spent ages in the bike area with Billy, and in the soft play room.

On the 30 Days Wild front, Betsy rescued a bug from the path and put it in the bushes.  We all admired a tiny translucent fly on my arm.  It was about the same size as a greenfly.

Yesterday Rob took the day off and we went to Chessington World of Adventures.  I'd worked the evening before, and got home at midnight.  I was up at 6.30am, making popcorn and packed lunches!

It was worth the early start though.  We left at 7.45, and arrived just before 10.  Then it was ride after ride.  Bubbleworks, Scorpian Express, pirate ship, spinning boats, carousel, monkey swingers, the Cobra, bumper cars, Vampire. 

We stopped for lunch to watch the sealion show (not that great, and over pretty quickly), and had an ice cream break later in the afternoon.

We got back at 7.30, exhausted!

A very welcome home-based day today.  And a bit of a catch up of 30 Days Wild activities (we missed yesterday, too busy with rides!).

The caterpillars are transforming into chrysalids.  It's interesting how much faster they are then the moth caterpillar we looked after.

This morning one was a chrysalis.  I think by tomorrow they all will have changed.

Rosie the cat was very interested!

I took a great photo of her today.  She was resting on the sheepskin rug - she loves it - and she looked almost invisible.  I called the kids over to see the camouflage cat.

Betsy and Meg made a fruity picnic. They took everything out by themselves, and set it all up.

After lunch we walked to town - I needed to post a couple of things, and wanted to get some blank cards and some bits and bobs to make sponge water bombs.

On the way, we smelt some beautifully fragrant roses.  Just gorgeous.

The canal sparkled in the sunshine.

Betsy and Meg made Father's Day cards when we got back.  They did some printing, using corks and fingerprints.  They look great!  Fred said he preferred to buy one, so we'll go to the shop together on Saturday.

The kids played in the garden, and Meg was delighted to see her bean plant is flowering.  Betsy is happy with how her oak tree is growing too.

When Betsy and Fred were playing upstairs, they saw ducklings on the canal.  We went out to have a look.  So cute!

Now Fred and Betsy are on the trampoline (they've been playing an elaborate imaginative game for a couple of hours now), and Meg has come back from Teddy's house. She's relaxing on the sofa under a quilt watching her new favourite programme (H20 Mermaid Adventures.  She's seen episode 1 about 4 times today!).

No comments:

Post a Comment